Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Skin and Bones

So FYI Trader Joes Sock Eye canned salmon has bones and skin. For dinner I quickly made a Trader Joes meal of Salmon and Potatoes over arugula....well I thought it was going to be quick...but I'm a dummy.

Talking about Vinaigrettes again...

Trader Joes Frozen Parmesean Potatoes are perfect for the single girl who is not going to eat...let alone bake a whole potatoe for dinner...and it's a quick Gratin. But after cooking the potatoes I commited a faux pas and didn't read the directions the entire way...I thought I was supposed to cook the salmon in the oil and vinegar...anyone ever say oil and vinegar don't mix?  Well yeah...when you have hot oil and you pour vinegar on top of it...it splashes worse than water  first of all...second of all...I opened the can of salmon expecting my typical bumblebee Tuna consistency. Nope. Trader Joes ain't playin' folks. This is the real thing! De-Bone it yourself! I think the can should come with instructions. I LOVE salmon, but other than the canned variety...I'm scared to cook it...and all of a sudden my canned variety has BONES?! After picking my way through the can with a fork, I threw the salmon into the skillet and then realized there was supposed to be buttermilk in there somewhere? Oh yeah?! IN the buttermilk vinaigrette.....

P.S you can use vinegar to make buttermilk out of regular milk...a few drops of vinegar in the milk, let it set for about 4 minutes and voila!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!