Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thou shalt not live by the seat of your pants.


So…I need to lose weight. I know! Girls say this…and boys groan and people try to make you feel better by saying things like “No you don’t! You are beautiful just the way you are.” People, it’s not about beauty it’s about health and healing and being and longevity and being afraid of diabetes and cancer and scoliosis and the preservation of my body before I die (Did somebody say “EW!” or was I speaking out loud just now?)
It’s no secret that I’m a Christian…and I’ve been trying to read through the Old Testament. I read through the long books ridiculously slowly and when I grow impatient with myself I read the shorter books, finish them and go back. So I’m on the rather long and tedious book of Leviticus that I find myself usually gleaning over because “we are no longer bound by the old laws…blah blah blah” Well, quite frankly…I want to live my life better and more intentionally, and not that I think it’s a sin to eat pig (I rather enjoy myself some bacon) It just leads me to wonder about the rules the Lord lay forth in the ways of cleansing and food consumption among other things. So on my retreat last weekend, I read a book about the “Hallelujah Diet” and discovered the magazine “Spirituality and Health” both of which got me to thinking.
Man...I wish they talked more about this stuff in church.
 I have, for a while now, been skeptical of Peanut Allergies and ADD and ADHD and people with one hundred bazillion allergies. Why are these things on the rise? And why specifically in America? After reading “French Women Don’t Get Fat,” and having lived in Europe, and having several gorgeous European friends and noticing their food preferences. I’m wondering if the search for convenience and almost an “acedic” outlook on our lives hasn’t ‘caused us to be fat, lazy, highly allergic, hyper, unfocused  American people. According to a lot of the research that is more recently coming out about food linked to moods and curing illnesses etc.
I was talking to my doctor the other day, and I think he was a little upset with me that I’ve only lost 10 lbs. Well Dr. May…I’m a little upset with myself. L
How do I structure my life in such a way that I’m productive, prayerful, healthy, active and not stressed out all the time, running from one thing to another and grabbing a 6 piece chicken Mcnugget meal which is TOTALLY within my daily allowance of calories-but I forgot about the Starbucks and donut I had this morning for my intake of sugar and caffeine to get me going this morning? Right?!?! Right.  (That was a GIANORMOUS run on sentence that was grammatically sound! Good job Sarah!) Not to mention I’m physically drained and exhausted by the end of the day, which for all intents and purposes-let’s blame on my job for now.
Well-it’summer. I’m moving in 30 days. New City. New Life. New Me.
I want to make something clear her; I'm not saying a don't want to be spontaneous- I DO want to be spontaneous. I want to leave room in my life for spontaneity I don't feel guilty about.
Reading both the Hallelujah Diet and The Makers Diet Along with Fit For My King and Armed with Eating Well the website and a vintage 1950’s cookbook called “The Bible Cookbook” and a few other supposedly “biblically based” recipe websites. My goal is to lose at least 8 lbs before I move to California, which should ‘cause me to drop another dress size.  But not only that, I want to stop living, loving and eating by the seat of my pants.  And, whoever you 1,000 people are who read my blog, in your hearts, your thoughts and prayers, I would like you to hold me to that.
Today for breakfast I had
Fried eggs and stir fried veggies in olive oil with a cup of lemon water and a cup of mint tea.
For Lunch I ate a really delicious tuna salad  with Chilli Peppers and Peppers and celery with rye crackers and carrot and celery sticks.
Dinner is steak with Slaw and Salad.
It’s amazing how yummy fresh organic from the garden food is!!! When I live in a place I can plant a garden….I’m going to. SOOOOO worth it! It's prettier plated too. Will start to take pictures tomorrow.


After completing everything I’ve set out to do in my life before the age of 30, I figure I didn’t wake up dead this morning because God still has work for me to do down here. 

Wow. 
On to new adventures!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!