Sunday, July 18, 2010

String, Cloth, Tin and Things

I haven't been cooking a lot lately because I've been trying to open a community production of "The Sound of Music." So I haven't been home for breakfast, lunch/or dinner.....the show opened this weekend.
I HAVE been sewing and Crocheting though. (I rode the train home for my birthday. You'd be amazed how much you can do on a five hour train ride when you are not interrupted by phone calls, the television or your cats.) I made this cardigan in pink:

 
I've also been working on this bag:
The only problem is, the pattern is a little weird, so I've had to take it out several times. So it's not finished. Sad Day!
I sewed a swimsuit cover up from a 60's pattern my grandma gave me a while back, it was WAAAY too long so I have to shorten it. But the whole ensemble I'm making to coordinate with my swimsuit this year:
No. I'm not bleached blonde and REEEdiculously skinny. But the suit is just flattering and OH SO Cute!
So that's the first ensemble I've been working on.

The second outfit I recently bought for a Gala I'm going to in Pittsburgh in about a week and a half. There is are a TON of vintage clothing stores on the strip by my house, Donna's Dress Shop in particular is one of my favorites. I bought a 1960's purple cocktail dress with a grey belt. Now all I need are some grey heels to go with it. 

For my birthday, my friend Sheila an I went Antique shopping, she bought me some yellow retro cannisters for my kitchen. I <3 them!

I bought a cookbook Entitled "the way to a man's heart Your Gas Range Cook Book" I love vintage and quirky cookbooks. I have about 7 or 8 of them now.This one has really fun illustrations, and the title just cracks me up.
Sheila also got me a much needed set of kitchen knives. Now all I need is a rolling pin, and a couple specialty pans. I so want a casserole dish, and would collecting jello molds be completely crazy? For the fourth of July I attempted the layered jello in a parfait dish. It just doesn't look as positively *lovely* as the jello in the mold now does it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!