Thursday, April 28, 2011

Amy Vanderbilt's thoughts on: Fatigue


"Weariness that hangs on and on destroys the zest and satisfaction of living. Continued apprehension and anxieties over small or large problems can reduce a human personality to shambles." Oh my goodness! Did Amy open up a window to my life?! This is EXACTLY how I've been feeling lately. And what are Amy's cures for Fatigue and weariness? (I think weariness is the best description....Oh how I am weary...would people think I was bizzare if I said that when they asked me how I'm doing? "I'm okay. I'm kind of weary." So much more descriptive than "Tired." Tired can imply that I stayed out too late last night partying...I'm to weary TO party. HELLOooo.

"At times you may feel that the conflicts between what you are doing and what you would like to be doing are so great that irritation and resentment take over." How does she know my life?!
What are her suggestions?

Meeting Crisis: "Most of our troubles never happen."
    Bottom line: Don't put off making a decision.

Physical Causes for Fatigue:
   4/5 people have no physical cause for fatigue. Most women are just crazy. Does it really say that?! I'm pretty sure it does. Those movies with the "normal" woman locked in psych wards in the before the women's lib movement freak me out.

Pacing Housework:
  Work on YOUR own time. Naps are good. Eating properly cannot be overemphasized. (No Idea how this fits into housework.)

The Artful Dodgers
   There are 5 of them.
      Avoidance of Decision Making
      Shifting Blame: Basically projecting your feelings on everyone else.

Ingrown Idenification:
Identifying with groups of people as opposed to your own identity.

Rationalization: Giving excuses instead of owning up to the truth.

Aloofness: A little alarmed at the fact that Amy is suggesting that men can break this barrier...weird. She does have a point, usually aloofness is just a facade to cover up something someone doesn't want to show other people.

Boredom and Fatigue
Get a hobby or join a group.

Amy's Nugget of Wisdom " It's amazing somtimes to find how problems seem quite solvable after eight hours of sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!